Restaurants & Bars
In the vicinity of the residence radius of 20 km:
* Castle Conesa / Restaurante Alingui. 8min. By car. San Miguel de Salinas. In a (fake) medieval castle you'll find an international menu and tapas. Menu del Dia for 8,95 Euro, starter/main/dessert! Nice pond with walking animals. Great terrace.
* Meson El Prado. In San Miguel de Salinas. A typical simple Spanish restaurant with a menu del dia for 11 Euro, including a glas of wine. Don't expect luxury food, but it's worth the price.
* Restaurante Doña Isabel Delicious and cheap dish of the day. Typical restaurant for locals. Well worth the price.
* Restaurants in Zenia Boulevard. 15 minutes away. By car. On the first floor there is a food court with many restaurants, Lizarran, which serves ok pinchos (tapas on a piece of bread), KFC, Burger King , Mc Do, a Chinese buffet and Che, an all-you-can-eat pasta/pizza place.
* Bar Willy: in Torre de Horadata. Great Mojitos and equally great tapas, including Cuban options. Also dirt cheap. Try the prawns in cream sauce. Reservation essential.
* The beach bars on the...beach. We love Pirata on Torre de Horradata beach.
* La Barraca in Campoamor. Next to the small marina, 14min. By car. The best rice dishes there, especially the wet rice (Arroz Caldosos). Very nice restaurant with beautiful view. A bit more expensive but worth it! Lobster rice for 19 Euro/pers. We also recommend the El Perol del pescador rice, their speciality.
* Arrocería El Sarmiento. On the N332, direction Torrevieja, on the north side. 15 minutes. This place specialises in paellas, they cook them over an orange tree fire.
* Restaurant El Puerto in Torrevieja. 25min. Great views of the huge marina.
* El Patio Andaluz: 20min. On the N332 direction Torrevieja, direction North. VARIOUS FREE FLAMENCO SHOWS DURING DINNER TIME. EVERY TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND SUNDAY at 8pm.
* The Stray Sod Irish Pub. La Fuente 5min. Irish pub with live entertainment.
*Il Palco. Near Las Colinas. Great Italian food.
* Umawa. At Las Colinas. A new Asian/Spanish/Peruvian restaurant.
* Magoga. In Cartagena. A one Michelin star restaurant that got its first star 2 years ago but in my opinion deserves 2. Absolutely stunning dishes, purely made with local ingredients and the most extensive cheese trolley in Spain. Chef Maria is a star. 120€ for their tasting menu. A must.
* Restaurante Los Angeles in Campoamor Marina. 14min. Inside the yacht club, large covered terrace with beautiful views, fresh fish is their speciality. They also serve paella
* Sunset Beach" Torrevieja promenade. 25min. A Belgian establishment with a great daily menu and Belgian food, great sea views and quality dishes.
* Mint gastro bar Cabo Roig limited menu very tastfull
* Truffel: in the commercial centre of La Fuente, 5 min. From Las Colinas. Fusion food that is reasonably priced and beautifully presented.
* The Fish Bowl: in the marina of Campoamor. Chef Peter Fisher is British and knows his stuff. Expect a small menu, but filled with fusion food that mixes Spanish, British and Asian influences. Reservations essential.
* Browns. In La Zenia, next to Consum and the N332 roundabout. Great cocktail bar and gastro-pub.
* Resraurante Punta Prima very nice , nice to sit on the seafront in Punta prima.
* Bar Willy in Torre de Horadata. Near the promenade. 18min. Very simple place but lots of tapas, the owners are Italian and Cuban and the atmosphere is lively.
* Casa Antonio San Miguel de Salinas, 10min. In the centre of San Miguel, typical simple Spanish restaurant.
* Chiringuito del Puerto in Campoamor. Good range of simple tapas, with views.
* Kiosko el Tintero in Torrevieja. 25min. Simple tapas place on the promenade. A bit more expensive but great views and good quality! Old style tapas bar. No toilets. Not open during winter time.
* Punjabi palace. On the road from La Fuente to Campoamor 8min. Our absolute recommendation for Indian food around Las Colinas. There are literally hundreds of Indian places in the area, this one in our opinion is the best we have tried. By far. Slightly more expensive, but well worth it and generous portions.
* Dinastia. Chinese/Asian. N332 towards Torrevieja, direction North. 15 minutes. Really exceptional Chinese with South East Asian options too. Great menu del dia for 10 euros.
* Umami beach club. Campoamor 14 min. Campoamor. Sushi place with a great name. Small and cosy.
* Maritao's kitchen. near mercadona at la Fuente. Very good Chinese. Great menu.
Murcia: Restaurante La Pequeña Taberna Very good, typically Spanish, slightly more expensive.
Carthagena: Las Termas del Pincho in c Honda, side street of shopping street. Specialised in Pinchos. Very tasty.
Alicante: Casa Ibara on the corner of C Mayor and Plaza Fantisma FAZ . Many locals. Nice terrace and cheap daily menu.